Реклама
Meet The Man Whose Party Trick Is To Nab Your Bank Card Details
23-11-2022, 14:49 | Автор: BrendaGarber892 | Категория: Xbox 360
In a cafe close to a Royal park Nigel Swabey is telling me all about renovation work to his house over a pot of tea.
He interrupts the small talk and politely asks me to pass the milk jug. As I do, his hand darts briefly across the table at lightning speed.
Perhaps he was just reaching for a napkin. But then I notice Nigel's phone is now perched on top of my purse. The 69-year-old chuckles, picks his mobile back up and shows me the screen — it is displaying the 16-digit card number and expiry date of my credit card.
I've come to Richmond in West London to meet the man who says 'skimming' strangers' credit card details in less than five seconds is his party trick.

Some garages are already exploiting MOT changes by holding... How World Cup could net profits for your Isa: Sales of beer,...
The app that is completely legal and costs just Ј5., is called the Credit Card Reader NFC 

Nigel has a vested interest — he's an entrepreneur and owns the European rights to Australian product, SkimGuard, which you put in your wallet to block fraudsters from stealing your details. 
That's why Money Mail wanted to see for itself how easy card-skimming really is.
I lean across the table to get a good look at the phone but Nigel has one more trick up his sleeve. 
He taps the screen, selects a 'transactions' option and shows me — to my horror — the last ten purchases I made using that card. 
All my recent spending is there, the Tube journeys to and from work, the groceries for a dinner party and flights I'd booked for an upcoming holiday.
It's impossible to get this level of detail on debit or Amex cards, Nigel explains. But many credit cards are ripe for fraud. 
This is because the chips inside cards issued by some banks hold previous transaction details. Not all cards are vulnerable, though. 
Banks tell customers that spending on stolen contactless cards by crooks is kept in check because each transaction is limited to Ј30 at most. 
They say your PIN is automatically demanded after a set number of suspicious-looking payments. 
But experts say the real danger is not losing money in a contactless transaction after someone brushes past your handbag with a card reader, but the crook harvesting all the card details they need to commit fraud in your name.

[/img] [/img] [/img] [/img]

[/img]

Скачать Skymonk по прямой ссылке
Просмотров: 8  |  Комментариев: (0)
Уважаемый посетитель, Вы зашли на сайт kopirki.net как незарегистрированный пользователь.
Мы рекомендуем Вам зарегистрироваться либо войти на сайт под своим именем.