Реклама
Robin Roberts Offers Update On Fiancee Amber Laign's Breast Cancer
4-04-2023, 13:57 | Автор: RubyePlayford | Категория: Xbox 360
Robin Roberts offered an update on her fiancee Amber Laign's battle with breast cancer in a new interview.
The 62-year-old broadcaster began a romantic relationship with the 48-year-old massage therapist in 2005, long before she first came out as a lesbian in 2013. 
Roberts - who was spotted out in a rare sighting with Laign earlier this month in New York City - sat down with ET to discuss Laign's recovery, and their wedding plans.  
'It was a rough year; her journey with breast cancer took some unexpected twists and turns but she is doing really really well,' Roberts revealed.
'Doctors said when it comes to treatment, it's like women and shoes -- they don't always fit -- and so they had to find the right fit for her with treatment,' she clarified.

Wedding: Roberts - who was spotted out in a rare sighting with Laign earlier this month in New York City - sat down with ET to discuss Laign's recovery, and their wedding plans

While Laign was having difficulties with chemotherapy, b Laign's prognosis now, 'is excellent,' adding Laign is, 'ready to start a new chapter as well.'
Roberts first teased her wedding with Laign in January, in an interview clip with Gabby Bernstein. 
'I'm hesitating because I haven't said it out loud yet...

I'm saying 'yes' to marriage," Roberts said in the video. 
'We're getting married this year. It was something we had talked about, but we had put it off, she became ill, but it is saying yes to that, and that next chapter,' Roberts said at the time.
Roberts wouldn't share much about the ceremony but revealed, 'It is happening this year. We have a date in mind. The save-the-dates are going out soon.'
'I'm proud to talk about [it], I'm going to be a married women. Our families are so excited [and] the save the dates [are] going to be going out soon,' she added.
'Amber is my person after 18 years and that's why when Gabby Bernstein was asking me about it at the beginning of the year, I raised my hand [and] I said, 'No, I'm meditating on the marriage, I'm not just looking to have a wedding day. I'm looking at the union,' she said.
'It is so exciting to know like, I've been with this person for 18 years and we're still excited and we still wanna be with each other and we still want to start this new chapter together,' Roberts added of her partner.

Person: 'Amber is my person after 18 years and that's why when Gabby Bernstein was asking me about it at the beginning of the year, I raised my hand [and] I said, 'No, I'm meditating on the marriage, I'm not just looking to have a wedding day.

I'm looking at the union,' she said

When asked if she knows what she's wearing, Roberts said, 'I do,' though she failed to reveal more specifics.
'We're thinking do we stay traditional in some things with the wedding, the ceremony, and then I thought, "Wow, we're gonna double the chances for single women because we're gonna have two bouquets!' Roberts added.
She was doing the interview to promote the second season of her Disney Plus series Turning the Tables, which debuts March 15. 
She recently won a Daytime Emmy for the first season, which she called, 'unexpected and pure" joy.
'I know people say it's an honor just to be nominated [but] it truly was for our group just to be considered for an Emmy.

But then to win? Oh, my youngins got up there on that stage... But this is what Turning the Tables is about,' Roberts said.
'It's not just the women that you see before the camera, but these young, dynamic United Nations women behind the scenes.
So I was very happy for them as well,' she added.
One of the guests on the second season is Brooke Shields, with Roberts adding she was particularly struck with her conversation with her.
'You have an idea how someone is going to be or maybe how they will react, and as we kept talking you could just see her [thinking], "No I'm not gonna say or do what people feel I should say or do. This is who I am. I'm comfortable with who I am,"' Roberts said. 
And I just really appreciated that [she] kinda let down the barriers a little bit because we've been watching her since she was yay high,' she added.

Barriers: And I just really appreciated that [she] kinda let down the barriers a little bit because we've been watching her since she was yay high,' she added
Скачать Skymonk по прямой ссылке
Просмотров: 16  |  Комментариев: (0)
Уважаемый посетитель, Вы зашли на сайт kopirki.net как незарегистрированный пользователь.
Мы рекомендуем Вам зарегистрироваться либо войти на сайт под своим именем.